HouseLinc Can't Find KeyPadLinc 12073W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HouseLinc Can't Find KeyPadLinc 12073W

Hi, I'm new here and could really use some help.

I have been trying to get add the KPL to HouseLinc with no success. I have tried "Add INSTEON Device" multiple times, but the KPL is never found (on one attempt I held the KPL's SET button down for two full minutes). There is no INSTEON ID sticker on the front, back or sides of the KPL. There are two other stickers on the front of the KPL: "12073W 1305" and "V3.1 0421". I'm pretty sure the KPL works properly: The buttons control the KPL's connected load and several X10 wall switch modules. Further, I was able to manually change one of the button assignments and successfully did a factory reset.

I thought I might be able to find the ID in the Activity Log, but pressing KPL buttons does not create entries in the Activity window. In fact, there is no Activity whatsoever.

I know full well that the stuff I'm using is old(er), but the budget for this project is really tight and this is what I have:
    • HouseLinc 2.10.25 - Device Definition Version 2.9.87 (recently downloaded/installed)
    • PowerLineModem 2413U Revision 2.3 3717 (appears to be properly installed/recognized in HouseLinc)
    • KeyPadLinc 12073W 1305 V3.1 0421 with a 30W incandescent light bulb load attached
    • Windows 10

Questions:
    1. I think I'm using "Add INSTEON Device" properly to "find" the KPL, but maybe I'm missing something. Is there some "trick" to it?
    2. I've read that there is an "Event Viewer" within HouseLinc, but I can find nothing about it the documentation. If what I read about an Event Viewer is actually called the Activity Log, maybe I'm not using it correctly. Does HouseLinc provide some way to "read" INSTEON messages through the PLM from devices that haven't yet been added so I can extract the INSTEON ID?
    3. Is there some other way I can "discover" the KPL's INSTEON ID so I can enter it manually?

Any assistance with this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tenaya

It is not an Insteon module. The 12073W is an X10 KeypadLinc. Houselinc will not support it as an Insteon device
    There is an option in the Device tab to add an X10 device. Maybe you can go that route. I have not looked at the documentation for Houselinc. So I can't say exactly how to do it or if it will work.

http://cache-m2.smarthome.com/manuals/12073_web.pdf
    Last edited by BLH; 10-21-2018, 10:31 AM.

Comment

OK, that explains a lot. Is my reading of the 12073W PDF correct in that this device is incapable of sending or receiving INSTEON messages, it sends and receives X10 only?

Comment

Yes it is strictly an X10 Clone. It knows nothing about Insteon. Discontinued when Insteon was being used to replace the old X10 clones.
        Insteon modules can accept an X10 address added to them. Except maybe the latest modules. As X10 support is no longer listed for the latest modules being sold now.

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation.

My other question was about viewing events in HouseLinc:
          • Can HouseLinc display X10 events through the PLM?
          • If so, how do I do that?

Comment

I don't use HouseLinc. So I don't know. Other than the PLM can send and receive X10 power line signals.
            Does the manual give you any clues? If you don't have it. It is on the same web page as the HouseLinc program is on.

Comment

I have the manual, but it gives me no clues; I searched it thoroughly before I asked this forum. It either can't do this or I can't figure it out.

Thanks anyway,

Tenaya

Comment

Working...
              X