Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homeseer and Insteon 2422-522 Hub (New Zealand)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer and Insteon 2422-522 Hub (New Zealand)

Hi Team,

Looking to expand my system to give me more control. (ITTT logic)

We don't have the Insteon PLM available here so have been looking to use the Hub as the network interface via 3rd party software.
    From what I can see the Homeseer application should give me what I need with the right plug-in.

Purpose of this thread to to utilise your collective wisdom to guide me down the right software path given my 230V limitations here in NZ with having to use the Hub as the communications module.

Any advice/feedback/suggestions welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

I think Homeseer still requires the PLM - I would advise contacting them to confirm if it works with your hub before pulling the trigger.

There's a few IFTTT alternative suggestions in this thread also http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...-ifttt-channel
    Hub 2245-222, ID 46.F7.AE, Prod
    Insteon for Hub App v1.15.4 build 334
    53 Insteon devices

Comment

I just purchased a new HUB and also upgraded my homeseer to v3 (been a long time 15 years v2 customer). Anyway there is a paid plugin to use the HUB as a PLM. So far so good. I have been testing for last week or two. You will need to paid plugin as the Insteon plugin built into HS does not work with the HUB only with USB PLM. http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=154291

Comment

Hi kenrok1 and charlesmbell

Thank you both for your replies.

I have downloaded the 30 Day trial of Homeseer and the trial version Insteon plugin (to use my hub).
        After a bit of config I added a micro module and was able to switch on and off.
        To get the wireless thermostat working I needed to install another trial plug in but at least it actually connected and worked.

So the net result is that it all works and would give me IFTTT control. I have ordered a Z-Wave stick and IR Heat Pump controller to add to my system as a trial.

I suppose the decision in the end is how much is IFTTT worth given that homeseer will be a $700 investment once all the plugins are purchased?
        One benefit I see is that I will be able to use my current Insteon end points (the mesh network is great and I have a dozen endpoints) and add other products to complete my automation needs.

Thanks again for your input and feedback.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X