Android Phone App by Homeboy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android Phone App by Homeboy

Just wanted to share with the forum an Android app/project that our small team has been working on over the past few months. It works with the Insteon Hub V2 through the Insteon API. It would be great to get some folks trying it out. The app currently has basic features including control of appliances and devices. We've spent a lot of focus on the usability and aesthetics of the app. Looking forward to comments and feedback!

1) Download on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...omeboysoftware
    2) Enroll in Beta program (i.e. Receive early app versions and updates before production releases): https://play.google.com/apps/testing...omeboysoftware
    Last edited by wilksmatt; 09-04-2015, 08:49 AM.

Crashes on startup every time

Comment

Works for me on a Samsung Galaxy S6

Have you thought of using color to help display device status? i.e. Green icon for on, etc

Comment

Originally posted by eagle77 View Post
        Crashes on startup every time

Looking into why it's crashing for you.

Questions:

1) Do you get passed the sign in screen?
        2) Do you have any "Rooms" setup in your Insteon Hub app?
        3) Do you have a "Favorites" room/group setup?

Thanks,

Matt
        Last edited by wilksmatt; 08-28-2015, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thegoose View Post
          Works for me on a Samsung Galaxy S6

Have you thought of using color to help display device status? i.e. Green icon for on, etc
          Great to hear that the app is working for you. Thanks for the feedback about using more visuals/color for indicating device status. We will take that away.

Thanks,

Matt

Comment

1) Does it crash before or after the sign in screen?

After the initial attempt, yes. I got the sign in screen the first time, checked remember me, and haven't seen it since. Crashed on startup

2) Do you have any "rooms" setup in your Insteon Hub app?

No

3) Do you have a "Favorites" room/group setup?

Yes

Comment

What is the model of your Insteon Hub? The app currently only supports the Insteon Hub v2 (model 2245-222).

Also, we've updated a new version of the app on the Google Play store as beta. It should fix the crashing problem. To get access to it and other pre-production versions of the Homeboy app going forward just go to the link below and subscribe. The new version of the app should push to your phone automatically after that. If not, just go to the store and update it manually.

https://play.google.com/apps/testing...omeboysoftware
              Last edited by wilksmatt; 09-02-2015, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Hi, I am on the Hub V2, But your question just caused an "ah-ha" moment. I suspect the problem is that I am not on the production server. I am on the Insteon test server.

Comment

That could very well be the problem too. Please let me know if it works after you download the beta Homeboy app (from the link provided) and are using the Insteon production server. Thanks.

Comment

Perhaps I'm missing something, but going to Google Play via the link still results in only seeing the Aug-10 release.

But I think it's moot for me. I will be remaining on the stage server unless the Insteon folks decide to stop my participation in their beta program.

Comment

I recently stumbled upon this app in the Google play store just before my android table died. The app was great! My only complaint was that it didn't support auto rotate. However, given the complete lack of functioning software from Insteon itself, I wont complain about this one little thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X