Homeboy now supports Insteon Thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeboy now supports Insteon Thermostat

We've just updated Homeboy to support Insteon thermostats! The iOS and Android versions of Homeboy for Insteon Hub now support the Insteon Wired thermostat (2441TH—the 915MHz North American version).

I know there are some other posts about Homeboy around this forum, but if you're not familiar with us, Homeboy for Insteon Hub is an independent app to control your Insteon devices. We have apps for iOS, Android (including Fire tablets), and an older version for Windows Phone. We built Homeboy to fill what we believed was a gap in the market for a fast, clean experience for Insteon users. Each app is tailored to look and feel like the native experience of the device it runs on—not a washed-down, least-common-denominator compromise that so many companies deliver these days.

Homeboy relies on the (newer) Insteon Hub (I still call it the Hub 2) and the API that Insteon developed for it. The app offers scene, device, and room support (though we call them 'groups' to suggest their many-to-many flexibility). We now support controlling most devices that the API exposes except for the I/O Link and cameras. One caveat: Homeboy is all front-end—we're not running any services or maintaining any of your data. This has a lot of benefits, but it also means that, based on how Insteon's API broadcasts device activity, we can't yet support sensors to show their status. That's something we hope to change in the future as Insteon further builds out its API. And like all third-party Insteon apps that use Insteon's Hub API, you still need to provision your devices using Insteon's own apps.

If you're interested in checking out Homeboy, please drop by our blog or our web site for more information. And if you've already tried Homeboy and either use it now or decided not to use it, we'd love to get your feedback. We're starting work on our next round of improvements, and hearing about people's experiences guides many of our decisions and priorities.

I'm also happy to answer any questions you may have right here, too.

homeboy_apps_hero_image.png

Thermostat control both platforms.png

</shameless promo>
    Last edited by rgunther; 07-14-2018, 07:50 AM.
Working...
X