Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insteon Double Gang Wall Plates Discontinued!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Double Gang Wall Plates Discontinued!?!?

I recently added a few new outlets to a media room that I have upgraded. When I bought my house in 2017, I replaced all wall plates in the house with insteon wall plates in white. Now the double gang wall plate in white 2422-232, is nowhere to be found. I wait listed, and when the last batch arrived I didn't want to pay the absurd shipping cost (more than double the cost of the 2 wall plates that I needed. I decided to order anyway a few days later and they were sold out. Now a month or so later, I called smarthome.com to ask about when more are expected and I was told that the single gang and double gang wall plates in gloss white are discontinued. I was told the reason for discontinuing them is that they did not sell well. That makes little sense as the most recent batch sold out rapidly and double gang outlets are quite popular. What is going on? Is this really true? I was recommended something similar by Eaton, but it has different dimensions and is not the same gloss white color. What's the big deal? I have an insteon triple gang outlet that is right next to the other two. The size difference will look odd. I can't even return the triple gang wall plate either.

Originally posted by Prez808 View Post
    I recently added a few new outlets to a media room that I have upgraded. When I bought my house in 2017, I replaced all wall plates in the house with insteon wall plates in white. Now the double gang wall plate in white 2422-232, is nowhere to be found. I wait listed, and when the last batch arrived I didn't want to pay the absurd shipping cost (more than double the cost of the 2 wall plates that I needed. I decided to order anyway a few days later and they were sold out. Now a month or so later, I called smarthome.com to ask about when more are expected and I was told that the single gang and double gang wall plates in gloss white are discontinued. I was told the reason for discontinuing them is that they did not sell well. That makes little sense as the most recent batch sold out rapidly and double gang outlets are quite popular. What is going on? Is this really true? I was recommended something similar by Eaton, but it has different dimensions and is not the same gloss white color. What's the big deal? I have an insteon triple gang outlet that is right next to the other two. The size difference will look odd. I can't even return the triple gang wall plate either.
    Them having it in stock doesn't say much about stock levels. They could've gotten 50 in for all we know. Since most people will buy these types of things in bulk, all it takes it a couple of orders to wipe them out.

I've seen where their customer support has been incorrect in saying certain things were disco'd when they ended up not being. Hopefully this will be one of them. You could always replace your current 3 gang with the Eaton as well since they are in the same area so things match. I use Eaton myself and found you can't tell a difference unless they are side by side

Comment

Working...
    X