Connecting problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting problem

Dear all, I'm new on this forum, and I'm French. So Sorry for my bad English.
    I buy a 2242-422 hub and 2442-422 micro module. I have some difficults to connect micro module to hub, I click on Add a Devices on my iPad and click and hold set button on micro module until led flashing, I can ear a Bip from hub and green led flashes, then after 4 minutes, a message write device was not found. I tried again by entering adress code from micro module, and that's the same, device not found. Is someone can help me ? Thanks

Which device are you selecting to add?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

[QUOTE=stusviews;n99843]Which device are you selecting to add?[/QUOTE]

I bought a 2442-422 dimmer micro module and a 2443-422 switch micro module, and I have the same problem, they are not recognized by the hub.

Comment

I should have been clearer, which Hub icon are you selecting for each device you want to add?
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

[QUOTE=stusviews;n99915]I should have been clearer, which Hub icon are you selecting for each device you want to add?[/QUOTE]

I choose Add a "Plug in module" and "other Insteon device"
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

The Micro Modules are wire-in devices, not plug-in.

Comment

No that's the same, Insteon App search for device during 4 minutes and fail. I try to enter code, but Hub cannot found it.
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Up !
                Is someone can help me ? Thanks !!!

Comment

Start with basic troubleshooting.

1. The Hub should be plugged directly into a wall outlet and not near any UPS or surge protector. (Verify and address before moving to the next step)

2. When you select add device in the app does the Hub go into linking mode? (blinking green) If it does move to #3... if not respond to the group.

3. Put the micro module into linking mode. It should either beep once or twice. If it beeps twice it was added, if it beeps once it also went into a linking mode without hearing the Hub. Most likely this is a range issue. You might need to either add a plugin module in between the Hub and micro module or move the micro module closer to the Hub.

Comment

Thanks SeanM, effectively I connected Insteon Hub close from surge protector, I didn't know it can makes troubles, now it's OK !!

Comment

Working...
                    X