Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installers? Is there a list of contractors that install Insteon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installers? Is there a list of contractors that install Insteon?

How do I find an experienced Insteon installer? I live in Minneapolis MN, USA Is there a resource that lists electricians, low voltage contractors, specialty contractors, or maybe a hobbyist that is experienced and maybe even 'insteon certified" in the installation of Insteon devices?

Thank You,

I believe if you contact Smarthome they can offer you a list of vendors who are Insteon certified. Whether or not there are vendors close to your area is unknown.

Are there specific aspects of the electrical wiring you're not comfortable with?
    Teken . . .

Comment

Smarthome uses the link below as a reference.

[url]http://www.smarthome.com/certifiedinstallers.html[/url]

Comment

[QUOTE=SeanM;n75147]Smarthome uses the link below as a reference.

[url]http://www.smarthome.com/certifiedinstallers.html[/url]

[/QUOTE]

Thank you for finding that link. Sadly, it says there are no certified installers in Minnesota, much rather Minneapolis / St. Paul metro area.

I was hoping to find an Insteon installer familiar with the HUB 2245-222 to hire to get me started and accomplish some of the installation work. I want it done ASAP and don't have time right now to sort it out / fight it myself.

I have attempted to start installation several times and each time, I have difficulties getting the first devices to connect to the hub. One time I did actually have 5 lights, a water sensor, and a motion detector connected but the Insteon Hub 2245-222 but it will not allow me to change the Time Zone from Pacific Time to Central Time? I've called Insteon but they don't seem to know the answer. There is a problem with the Insteon Web app and apps for Windows Phone and Windows that won't allow the Time Zone to be changed. I was thinking that an experienced installer, would be able to just set it up with the correct Time Zone for me and get the first devices connected.

One of the Insteon customer agents had me download new firmware for the Hub2 but it made no difference.

I do also have an older Insteon Hub 2242-222 that is new and has never been used. Except for the fact that I'm short on time, I was thinking of trying that one next.

Any thoughts or ideas appreciated.

Comment

[QUOTE=Teken;n74913]I believe if you contact Smarthome they can offer you a list of vendors who are Insteon certified. Whether or not there are vendors close to your area is unknown.

Are there specific aspects of the electrical wiring you're not comfortable with? [/QUOTE]

Thank you for your response. SeanM pointed me to the correct link. See my response to SeanM if you are interested in learning more about my situation.

Again, Thank You,
          Kevin

Comment

Hello Kevin,

There are a couple things you need to do in case it wasn't done already. In the Windows (Smartphone) App there is a method to send information to the development team. I would urge you to send a message about this time zone issue. Just so you're aware this issue was been seen and reported by others so its not just you.

Also, when you call into the Tech Support line you can e-mail them the problem and ask that they send this to the Engineering team also. If you have not done so already have you tried to find a location that is closer to you to obtain the same time zone?

I know the time zone operates fine in both iOS / Android but Windows was seeing random issues along with not supporting all features as seen in iOS.
            Teken . . .

Comment

Hello,
              I reset everything up again today and the default is still Los Angeles and should be Minneapolis MN. The actual time still shows Los Angeles time and can't be changed.
              Thoughts?

Comment

Hello Kevin,

Sorry for the late reply but have you submitted a service request to the technical support line and via the smart application? Doing both will at least get it on the radar for the team.
                Teken . . .

Comment

Still no installers in Minneapolis. I would be willing to pay for knowledgeable help.
                  Best Wishes.

Comment

[url]http://www.insteon.com/insteon-installers[/url]

Powers Energy Solutions

Comment

Working...
                    X