Mini Remote RF range issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can i check the noise?

I will try all the above and report back.

Comment

Do you have any cordless phones that operate near 900Mhz or baby (or other) wireless monitors? Or any other RF devices, Wi-Fi excluded? Large metal objects nearby?
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

None of the above :(. What about the problem i mentioned earlier? Putting a switch on and two micro dimmers respond two that switch. I checked the wiring and all correct.

Comment

That sounds like you may have inadvertently created a scene or used manual linking at some time. You may need to factory reset the errant Micro Module, the one that's the controller.
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Hi Taken,

i tried checking the firmware and in device options and there is no where to find firmware and not even options for RF & powerline. issue still persists even though i changed bulbs.

re noise, this is still a new place and have nothing connected yet, only router, and insteon hub + micro dimmers.

Comment

The next step is to confirm proper coupling / bridging of your insteon network via the 4 tap (beacon) test outlined by most full users manuals. Assuming the mini remote is fully charged and there is no RF interference there is no good reason the distance should be so short. If the micro dimmer / relay is literally hanging out the wall with nothing in its way.

If the above has been proven to be true (fully charged mini remote / no RF noise) and you have confirmed coupling. Then, perhaps either the remote is defective or the micro relay.

There have been a few small instances from members in the UK indicating the RF range for the micro devices have been very poor. No one has reported the same here in NA until now.

I would humbly suggest after you confirm bridging and that the mini remote is fully charged if the distance is still only 1-2 feet. Have the two units RMA'd because it should not be that short.

SH can do a cross ship so you won't have to send back your old gear.

Let us know what happens as this isn't very common for the majority of insteon users.
              Teken . . .

Comment

I will check the test you have mentioned above and let you know the outcome.

Mini remote and micro dimmer where already send and manufacturer told me that i have high humidity which it's not the case as i have left the humidifier all day long and went to test and result is still the same.

Comment

Unless it's raining in your house, humidity is unlikely to affect RF range ;)

Comment

[QUOTE=jmrapa;n53115]I will check the test you have mentioned above and let you know the outcome.

Mini remote and micro dimmer where already send and manufacturer told me that i have high humidity which it's not the case as i have left the humidifier all day long and went to test and result is still the same.[/QUOTE]

Humidity??? I don't even know what to say to that.
                    Teken . . .

Comment

That is why i posted here as i don't believe it's the case as well.

Comment

Does your home have any 900 mhz devices like cordless phones, baby monitors, etc?
                        Teken . . .

Comment

nothing, just the router and hub

Comment

Working...
                          X