Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimmer switches in Insteon App

Hello,

I have some Insteon dimmer switches and keypads in my house. Recently I bought a Insteon Hub to control the system with my iPhone.
    When I added the dimmers to the app, I see all of them are on/off switches, but I can dim the lights using the actual switch (so I am sure it is a dimmer switch).
    Does anyone have ideas on how to fix this, to make the switches dimmers in the app as well?

Thank you,
    Srdjan

It may help if you have the Insteon switches model number? It should be on a sticker on the front plate.

Comment

It is a 2476D.

Comment

The "2476" denotes this as a powerline only paddle switch and the "D" indicates its the dimmer version. This is just an older switch that the Hub can't fully control. The Hub was released well after the 2477D (current dimmer model) was on the market.

If you are using the newer'ish "Insteon for Mobile" app, you might try switching to the older "Insteon for Hub" app and see if that helps. Just download the app and login as if you were logging into the other one. Other than that you would need to either upgrade the dimmers, or try a different controller.

Comment

[QUOTE=ssobajic;n113614]Hello,

I have some Insteon dimmer switches and keypads in my house. Recently I bought a Insteon Hub to control the system with my iPhone.
          When I added the dimmers to the app, I see all of them are on/off switches, but I can dim the lights using the actual switch (so I am sure it is a dimmer switch).
          Does anyone have ideas on how to fix this, to make the switches dimmers in the app as well?
          Thank you,
          Srdjan
          [/QUOTE]

Looking for the same issue. Bumped into your thread. Thanks [URL="https://www.mymilestonecard.biz/"]MyMileStone Card[/URL] for creating it. Looking forward for solution.
          Last edited by Paul7299; 11-08-2021, 09:02 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Paul7299;n114407]

Looking for the same issue. Bumped into your thread. Thanks for creating it. Looking forward for solution.[/QUOTE]

What is the model of your switch? If it is the same you will need to go back to the older IFH app instead of using the Insteon for Mobile app.

Comment

Working...
            X