Are thermostats obsolete with insteon??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are thermostats obsolete with insteon??

So is the VENSTAR T1800 THERMOSTAT obsolete with Insteon now that the new app is launching??? ANY WORK-AROUNDS?

I was "shocked" to find out that my Insteon Thermostat would not work with the new app. What the heck???

Comment

I have the thermostat, plus the smoke bridge which they still sell and also the door lock, all of which are not supposed to be supported. I was WOW, how many of us have a few of those on the list of non-supported items. At this point, I will not be updating to the new App
      Last edited by ralphie; 02-28-2020, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I'm pretty upset about this. I mean, the Insteon T-Stat never did live you to what I wanted from it (I only got it to be able to control fan mode via scene control), but to abandon support for it, especially since it still speaks the same language makes zero sense.

Comment

Insteon Thermostat should be supported in new App, specially since it is still being sold. Should not be a big effort. Cannot understand, to me it is like pushing users away little by little.

Comment

I had one of the Insteon thermostats. It just stopped working one night. Could not figure out what was wrong and it didn’t work when reset or anything.
            Last edited by Virginiat; 06-01-2020, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X