Schedule not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedule not working

i have hub 2245-222 and 2 2634-222 outdoor modules. I am using this to control my holiday lights. I have separate schedules for each. they turn on but don't want to turn off. I have to mess with them daily to get them to turn off. I am at a loss as how to fix my issue

Are you using a power strip? power strips and other holiday light setups, like going thru low voltage timers, or too far from other modules can limit insteon signals. I would try it with all modules connected directly to an outlet. You could also test inside to rule out any distance issues. Happy Holidays!

Comment

If you have Alexa - you can schedule in it versus Insteon's app which runs on Insteon's server. So far that works great for me.

Comment

Interesting idea, care to explain with some examples?

One frustration is it seems that the HUB (2245-222) only allows one device or scene to use the sunrise/sunset, and you can't do an offset of something like 6 hours after sundown do ___. I tried to find a way to schedule a scene or an insteon feature in Alexa without much luck. If your approach to using Alexa for schedules is viable it opens up loads of possibilities. Like all things in Alexa and Insteon you need to have that magic sequence of stars lined up and you can do anything. Neither has a web interface that is idiot proof enough for me. :(

UPDATE: found a reference to [URL]https://www.yonomi.co/[/URL] (YONOMI on app store) on another thread and it solved all the shortcomings and provides loads of features that greatly expand what you can do with insteon basic switches.
        Last edited by Rob-NH; 01-09-2020, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X