Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plug-in relay switch doesn't work....yet it does!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug-in relay switch doesn't work....yet it does!

Is it possible for an Insteon plug-in on-off module to cease working locally, i.e., you can't control it's load with the set button...yet it still works with the PLM/Homeseer software? I can turn the load on and off from the software control panel, but when I press the set button, it doesn't toggle the load on or off, the LED does not light, and there's no relay "click". This is an old style 2365, ver 1 I think. The big ones with the pass-thru.
    Jim Speiser
    Payson, Arizona

Insteon/X-10 since 1985 | 200+ Insteon devices (and one Zigbee!) | USB PLM | HomeSeer 3 | Current WAF Level: -12

Yes it's possible. Time for a new one if you want manual control

Comment

[QUOTE=lilyoyo1;n110275]Yes it's possible. Time for a new one if you want manual control[/QUOTE]

But I HATE the new ones! No pass-thru outlet!
      Jim Speiser
      Payson, Arizona

Insteon/X-10 since 1985 | 200+ Insteon devices (and one Zigbee!) | USB PLM | HomeSeer 3 | Current WAF Level: -12

Comment

2456S ApplianceLinc. Wow V1.1 is really old. Even before the recall for them occasionally smoking with certain loads. It is possible it has just worn out. I rebuilt a few of mine with a new power supply capacitor.
        Does the Set button still do manual linking or does that also not work?
        Did you try and power cycle the module to clear up any possible confused electronics?
        The new ones also do not accept an X10 address. I still have a 16 function X10 remote I control them with on occasion. Though they get out of sync with the ISY994i when X10 is used.

Comment

[QUOTE=BLH;n110281]2456S ApplianceLinc. Wow V1.1 is really old. Even before the recall for them occasionally smoking with certain loads. It is possible it has just worn out. I rebuilt a few of mine with a new power supply capacitor.
          Does the Set button still do manual linking or does that also not work?
          Did you try and power cycle the module to clear up any possible confused electronics?
          The new ones also do not accept an X10 address. I still have a 16 function X10 remote I control them with on occasion. Though they get out of sync with the ISY994i when X10 is used.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they are really old...but then, so am I! :( Hey, I've been doing this since X-9! (And that's actually no joke!). I guess I can adjust to this, but I wish they would stop advertising products with features that they later decide to discontinue. I [I]liked [/I]backwards compatibility, I [I]liked [/I]pass-thru power. They were SELLING POINTS. But, NOOOOOO....you don't get to KEEP them! Oy vey.

The Set button does scata'. Bupkes. Oo-gotz. It only works through the software. And yes, I power-cycled it, unplugged and plugged, tried a factory reset, the works. But life goes on.
          Jim Speiser
          Payson, Arizona

Comment

Working...
          X