2457d2 plug in dimmer and X10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2457d2 plug in dimmer and X10

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=12px]I have a couple of 2457d2 revision 3.7 plug in dimmer modules. I have been unable to get these modules to accept an x10 address. I know that x10 support is being phased out, but the manual for these modules does show that that support exists, and an address can be assigned by putting the modules in set mode and then entering pressing the address button on a controller followed by three on commands. I have also tried the older addresss-on-address-on-address-on. Either way, the module does not come out of set mode and does not appear to accept an address. I have also tried the sequence to remove an x10 address, even though the modules have never been programmed by me with an address and they were purchased new. Also same results. I do have a wall switch dimmer module that responds to x10 commands, so I have done this successfully in the past with no similar issues. And these two modules do work fine with insteon commands. I am in the process of replacing the last of my x10 modules, and am kind of stuck, so any suggestions would be appreciated. FWIW, the modules and the x10 controllers are on the same power phase. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=12px]Why am I still using X10, you may ask. If Insteon had reasonable tabletop plug in controllers like X10 has, I wouldn’t care about the x10 programming, but sadly they do not. Using an iphone in this case is not an option, and the mini-remotes have two problems: 1. No easy way to label the buttons, and 2. You never know when they will need to be recharged. When turning off a bedside reading lamp, who would want to get out of bed to charge a remote. And voice control is not an option without waking up the person I am sharing the bed with. This is why the bedroom has been on x10 so long while the rest of the house has been converted.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Last edited by wwsmith; 10-27-2019, 08:37 AM.

Look at the full manual.
    Says no revision prior the 3.6 supports X10. I suspect the manual is incorrect and should have said no revision after 3.6 support X10. As my V3.4 Date Code 4413. Have no problems taking an X10 address.

I understand your remote findings. I have old enough Insteon modules that except X10 primary addresses, some also an X10 scene address. and use a HR-12A Palm Pad for all 16 of its control of one House Codes 16 Unit Codes.
    Last edited by BLH; 10-27-2019, 09:51 AM. Reason: Add information

Comment

There's a case that would allow you to turn akeypadlinc into a tabletop controller. I use those and they work really well

Comment

Working...
      X