Motion Sensor timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion Sensor timer

How do you program the motion to keep your device on longer, like my light. The default is too short. Thanks.

Are you using a controller? If so it should be in the device settings to allow you to set those parameters

Comment

But wouldn't it be in the motion sensor? I have it linked to insteon on/off module. The motion sensor has to send the on/off command to the module. The software doesn't offer this provision to set the motion sensor for how much time to turn off the receiving module.

Comment

Found the control to control the light to stay on, but when I change the default time, 30 seconds, to 5 minutes, when I save the new time, it does not stick, it returns to the default setting. So I guess there's a bug in the software.

Comment

You didn't say what controller you are using. So I can't say exactly what is needed.

If it was an ISY994i. The Motion Sensors are in a battery power saving mode and you can't write changes into them until you wake them up first. With the Set Button.

Can't say about a HUB. I vaguely remember it will monitor for the Motion Sensor to wake up and then write changes to it.

The changes may have not been written to the Motion Sensor if it is power saving mode.

Comment

Thanks for all who responded... I had to call support on this one, they had to fix it at their end, they had to reboot my log in, and then I was able to access the count down timer in the insteon app.
            Hope the New software app will be much user friendly, as this has been a nightmare for over the last 4 years.

Comment

Working...
            X