Pool Pump Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pool Pump Control

I want to control my pool pump with an insteon controller. I thought it would be simple, but I cannot see an appropriate controller to do the job simply. My pump is 120V two speed. The pump is rated at 2HP. It is normally run on the slow speed, only on high for backwashing the filter or other random uses. The 2HP rating seems to push way beyond the spec of a 2477S, even though typical use would be within its spec. Does anyone have any suggestions?

You could use a contactor in between the 2477S and the pump. The contactor handles the relay and only uses the 2477S as control.

Something like: [URL]https://www.smarthome.com/elk-heavy-duty-relay-contactor-in-a-lockable-metal-structured-wiring-panel-enclosure.html[/URL] ....but you only need a 120V version.

Comment

Duh! Why didn’t I think of that. Thank you very much.

Comment

I need a thermometer in my crawl space so I know when to turn on the milkhouse heater during the winter while I am gone. What bluetooth thermometer would I buy to be able to read it when I am away? I don't know how to connect to my internet.
        I have the appliance box so I can plug in and turn on my heater.

Comment

The Honeywell T9/T10 thermostats have the ability to use a remote sensor for taking temp in another room. It wouldn't be an integration just a way for you to monitor that space.

Comment

Working...
          X