Struggling with insteon thermostat installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Struggling with insteon thermostat installation

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":108555}[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":108556}[/ATTACH]

Can anyone tell me why this set up is not working please? The unit just does not light up. I measured 28 volt on the red wire.

Thanks,

Michael
    Attached Files

My guess is because your common wire is not connected at the furnace. Do you have 24v + from the R and C terminal? Or are you reading from R and W, Y or G? You need 24v between R and C

Comment

[QUOTE=SteveL;n108557]My guess is because your common wire is not connected at the furnace. Do you have 24v + from the R and C terminal? Or are you reading from R and W, Y or G? You need 24v between R and C[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for this prompt response. Here are my connections on the HVAC side. [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":108561}[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":108562}[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":108563}[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":108564}[/ATTACH]
      The measurement should read the same on the thermostat side because they are color matched.

Thanks,

Min

Attached Files

Comment

I can’t tell from your pictures but what ever color was used for the common wire “C” terminal should be landed on the C terminal in your furnace.

you should get 24 v between R and C at the thermostat side.

there is also a safety switch on the cover of your furnace so you need to close it up after checking the C connection

Comment

Steve,

You are just wonderful. You have helped me resolve this installation issue that bothered me for many years. Now, I finally got this Insteon thermostat to work for me. I think your emphasis on 24 volt voltage between RH and C is the key. You deserve the best review, Let me know where I can make those comments.
          [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":108569}[/ATTACH]
          Thanks,

Min
          Attached Files

Comment

Min,

Glad you got it working. Personally that is all the thanks I need. It is nice to see our support efforts complemented though so a posting on the Smarthome or Insteon Facebook page would be nice.

Best,

Steve

Comment

Working...
            X