List of registered apps that use insteon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of registered apps that use insteon

Is there a section somewhere to edit what apps are using insteon?
    Alexa has a section that you can edit what apps are registered.

Nothing inside the Insteon Hub app that I can see.

Comment

Just looking to clean up cause there's lots of chatter on the insteon network. Whether it's related I don' know

Comment

Describe your "chatter."
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Probably because of Homeseer in the mix, but I'm concerned that there's more chatter than necessary.
          I mean with Insteon, how do we remember everything that has access ?

Comment

[url]http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-category/new-insteon-device-wish-list[/url]

Comment

I have every device set to show chatter and most of the time devices keep blinking and blinking. There's no red which is good !
              but the longevity of chatter(and it shows after an event or command)is what I'm concerned with.We need to have piece of mind that no unintended apps have access or are wreaking havic on our Insteon systems.

Comment

That makes sense... a log for when the API calls are made. I commented on that post but I do not see anything like that in the Hub today. Good idea though. For network connection monitoring I use something called a Krika. Works for me but I guess there is an argument for having it onboard the controller itself.

If you are noticing other 'chatter' please let the group know.

Comment

Are you sure your seeing traffic and not Powerline noise which may be causing the symptoms you're seeing? I would think if there was someone connected to and controlling your system, you would see lights turning on/off.

If your lines are noisy, you may be seeing the extra hops that devices are using to communicate. I would run tests to see how many hops it takes your devices to communicate. If you're at the max, you may have noise issues.

Comment

[QUOTE=lilyoyo1;n102681]Are you sure your seeing traffic and not Powerline noise which may be causing the symptoms you're seeing? I would think if there was someone connected to and controlling your system, you would see lights turning on/off.

If your lines are noisy, you may be seeing the extra hops that devices are using to communicate. I would run tests to see how many hops it takes your devices to communicate. If you're at the max, you may have noise issues. [/QUOTE]

Yes your on to something there,but your off topic.

Comment

How am I off topic? You said you're seeing a lot of chatter, lights keep blinking (which indicates noise).

If I'm off topic so be it. It would help all of us help you troubleshoot if you expand on what you're experiencing by going into more detail rather than just saying someone is off topic when everything you describe is indicative of exactly what i just said.

With that said, most likely it is not an errant app or someone else in your system. In all these years insteon has been around, there hasn't been a single report of the system being hacked in the wild. The most likely scenario would be something internal/environmental.
                      Last edited by lilyoyo1; 03-13-2018, 11:22 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=lilyoyo1;n102693]How am I off topic? You said you're seeing a lot of chatter, lights keep blinking (which indicates noise).

If I'm off topic so be it. It would help all of us help you troubleshoot if you expand on what you're experiencing by going into more detail rather than just saying someone is off topic when everything you describe is indicative of exactly what i just said.

With that said, most likely it is not an errant app or someone else in your system. In all these years i strong has been around, there hasn't been a single report of the system being hacked in the wild. The most likely scenario would be something internal/environmental.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, your right I will look into the noise problem if it exists. Thank you.

Comment

I have each Insteon device to show traffic, there's lots of blinking but no red, so the hops are at a minimum and there's little or no errors, I'm just concerned that there's too much chatter than what needs to be.
                          When I unplug the hub 2 the chatter is significantly reduced. I'm convinced I need to factory reset everything but I'm trying to avoid such a feat. ( I suspect there's too much wan access).
                          lilyoyo1 to your point, Ive not experienced actual lights on and off per say , until I press too many buttons and the lights do end up in a loop so I have to reset Homeseer then all is well.
                          So I think api logging from insteon should be considered to eliminate wan access that maybe we've forgotten about.

Thanks everybody for putting up with me

Comment

Sean, you seem optimistic about this, what say you?

Comment

"When I unplug the hub 2 the chatter is significantly reduced." - This is fair. The Hub gets status for everything displayed on a page and will re-status when you change screens. This could cause a lot of traffic but not for an extended period of time unless someone is just on the app changing pages a lot. I don't have a lot of data on what goes on when the Hub is idle but it sounds like there is some traffic generated. More of a Dev question.

" I'm convinced I need to factory reset everything" - Also fair. This would solve any half links that may exist in the environment. Something may have been removed and another device may be continuously trying to reach it.

Just my two cents. :)

Comment

Working...
                              X