Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Insteon Login Credentials?

[B]UPDATE MESSAGE FROM INSTEON: [/B]
    If you've come here because your're trying to change your Insteon login credentials , please email [email]support@insteon.com[/email] with your request and we will assist in that process. We are working on providing a self-serve option. We apologize for the inconvenience.

-Insteon Support

--------------------------------------------

We will be selling our home in the near future, and my installed Insteon system has become a selling feature!

I would like to update the ID for the account to something I can hand off to a new owner.

Anybody know how or where to do that?

Thanks!

jimt
    Last edited by Isaac; 05-09-2019, 06:56 AM.

The email is attached to the account. In order to change the email, you would need to delete your account and start over.

Comment

Correct. You have to start over. Painful process. Best bet is to have Insteon support email you a list of all your devices. Then they can be re-added by device ID later. You’ll have to delete your account and I recommend factory resetting every device. Be sure to remove all devices from any Scenes, then delete all scenes before deleting your account. You will then have to hand over an unprogrammed system, and they will have to start from scratch.

Comment

Thanks all. I will try first to contact support. If that doesn't work I will wipe and reprogram with my new ID for the new owner.

Comment

Working...
        X