Future of Insteon Update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future of Insteon Update?

It's been quiet for over a month now. How 'bout an update on the plight of Insteon? Weekly heartbeat updates would be better than silence.

It would be nice if there were more frequent updates. This is especially so considering the history and how things went for the company. Silence only makes everyone more suspicious and hesitant to use insteon again.

Comment

I fully agree with you. It would be very good if the developersofficially announced the imminent release of the update at least on technifiser.
      Last edited by calalas; 09-12-2022, 02:59 AM.

Comment

They seem to be concentrating on updating the app. That's great and I understand that programming doesn't rely on a supply chain, but what they really need to do is find a way to start making some inventory available. That is what everyone is dying for right now. The longer they delay, the more customers they will lose to other platforms.

Comment

I hope that Ken reads this. I completed the survey from yesterday and it seemed like it abruptly concluded when I answered I still occasionally used the HUB app because I have an I/O device not supported by the Lighting App. And perhaps the way the survey was structured, that answer led to the end of my input. That's okay, from the sound of it, I/O will probably be supported.

However, I want to point out that the list of supported devices in the Android Lighting App, currently, is incorrect. I have 220V controllers that the Lighting App controls just fine. The 220V controllers are also controlled by schedules. Alexa and Google won't control them, that's okay, but I need the ability to monitor and activate the 220V controllers. Once the I/O is supported I will be able to start the spa and spa heat remotely.

Please do not disable the Lighting App's control of 220V controllers!

Comment

There's a motion sensor for the new system. There was still some bugs with that one so there's hope that it will be released in the future.
            Last edited by INSTEON John; 06-04-2023, 12:06 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
            X