cannot get connect to my Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cannot get connect to my Hub

I downloaded from iOS TestFlight and cannot get the app to connect to my Hub.can anybody recommends me to interface with my Hub.

I have two hubs. For at least the past week the Insteon app for Windows is not able to connect to either hub. I have unplugged both hubs and plugged them back in but I am still unable to connect. Using the Google home app, I am able to connect to and control devices.

Does anyone have any suggestions!?

Thanks

Comment

Assuming this is Win 10, I would roll back the last update to your windows machine, if you can, and see if that fixes the issue.

Comment

The OP asked for a suggestion and one was provided. I do not see the harm in trying to it out and if it does not work we can narrow the what might be the cause.

I would also point out that windows build numbers only change on major updates. The small cumulative ones do not so I still think it is worth a shot.

Comment

Agreed. That is a solid post describing the environment. A screen shot of the updates section showing no updates would also have been acceptable. :)

I think this app is done then. The copyright on the app shows 2015, while my iOS app shows 2021 and still works.

The below might work to get the Android app on a Win 10 machine. Im not sure if there were any feature differences but it could solve the immediate issue of getting Insteon on a PC.
          https://www.laptopmag.com/news/windo...r-pc-heres-how

Beyond that I'm out of ideas. Anyone else?

Comment

I note this post is from 9 2021. Here it is 12 2021 and I just hit that error on Win 10. Most likely I have not needed to use the Windows app for some time as I use it for maintenance mostly. I just use my Echo commands or the physical switches for day to day use. Scenes of course do themselves, once set up. I notice none of the threads that present this issue have any definitive response. So, it appears nothing has happened to resolve the Insteon for Hub issue on Win 10. Is something going to happen, or should we update our review in the MS app store as, "Don't bother downloading, doesn't work. f you don't want to manage your smart home with iOS or Android phones, avoid Insteon".

Comment

Thank you for the explanation. It is clear for me. Exactly what I needed! You just saved me several hours. Thanks
              Last edited by INSTEON John; 08-21-2023, 10:52 AM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Originally posted by PJL
                I may have reported back in another thread. Insteon replied and told me to pound sand. They are not going to fix the Windows app. They blame it on Microsoft. Go figure.
                Time to switch to Universal Devices ISY.

Comment

Possibly I replied to another topic. Insteon instructed me to take my comments elsewhere. The Windows app will not be updated.
                  Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-22-2023, 02:14 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

I reset my 2014 insteon hub and when I go to scan it says “Hub already in use”.
                    HELP please

Comment

Working...
                    X