Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, new app was released as beta to public today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, new app was released as beta to public today...

The new Insteon app was released to the public today. I downloaded from iOS TestFlight and cannot get the app to connect to my Hub. I'm not even going to waste anymore time until someone else posts something about this. I can't believe how much crap and non-communication we put up with on this Insteon platform. Such good hardware, but such crappy app support and communication. I remember reading that email ~6+ months ago from the new president (or whatever) saying he is so excited about all the new plans for an all new app, new devices, etc. I wonder if he's even still around...

I just loaded the TestFlight app. It doesn't see the Insteon app as available. Mkay!

Comment

The instructions in the Insteon email are not correct. First I had to install TestFlight. Then I had to quit TestFlight. Then restart TestFlight and tap Start Beta Test, and then tap Insteon. And then the new app could never find my hub. (sigh)

Comment

I followed the steps in the email, 1st installing TestFlight then going back to the email and clicking the 2nd step to install the beta. Opened the beta app and signed in with my credentials, the app found my hub and works with my devices. Much faster response time than the old app. Doesn't seem to conflict with the old app so I can use both.

So far I haven't decided if I like the new app though. I don't care for the giant icons and the app seems to have less editing capability or I just haven't found that section yet.

Update: I just found the room editing/delete option for the new app, lol, guess I was more sleepy than I thought
        Last edited by Ristin; 02-29-2020, 10:41 AM. Reason: Figured it out

Comment

Ugh, still can't login to my hub. But meanwhile, very disappointed to hear the new app is portrait mode only; cumbersome to use on an iPad in that orientation.

Comment

On the fence over this one. On the iPhone I think I prefer it over the old one (apart from not being able to see the scene summaries for half my scenes). However, the iPad user experience truly sucks. The last app used the extra real estate to show more icons and handled portrait and landscape modes. The new one needs a lot of love to be an acceptable iPad app.

Comment

I bought a mini-remote a couple of months ago only to fine out it does not work with the OLD APP on Android phones.
              Are there plans on adding support for the mini-remote with the new app?

I just installed a fan with light for my bathroom today. The light is way too bright, so I installed a dimmer switch on it and it works well with a nominal brightness of 30%. I would like to set up the dimmer switch so that the light is on at minimal brightness during the night (maybe 8%). I want the light ON to 8% at sunset, off at sunrise. Ideally the nightlight and normal on/off functions would be independent so the light does not turn off if I am getting my shower during sunrise. Also, if I turn the switch to OFF at night, I don't want the nightlight to go off. I suspect that this type of functionality is beyond the plans for the app, but a nightlight timer would still be nice to have.

I know that I can provide this function by adding hardware. For example, the light fixture actually has a night light input so I could fix the issue with 2 micro-modules added to the fixture, one for the nightlight and one for the normal light.

Will there be a slave version of the app available so I can have multiple devices on different Android and Apple accounts controlling the Insteon devices?

I agree that the enormous buttons are a problem. I'm hoping that this is something that will be resolved shortly. There needs to be an option of about 5 different button sizes to cover the range of tiny phone(with 4 buttons filling the 2 inch screen) to 17 inch Apple or Android tablet showing the state of 200 devices. For now, 2 button sizes would probably be enough.

Comment

Hello, has anyone had any luck with the garage opener sensor? I don't see it at all on the new Beta app. I know cameras are no longer supported, but I haven't read anything about the garage sensor...I hope it's just not yet supported but eventually will be.

Comment

Working...
                X