I have some Insteon equipment I'd like to give away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have some Insteon equipment I'd like to give away

I'm switching out my insteon system for another (long story, but my Insteon equipment works and I've been reasonably happy with it). I'd like to see the stuff given a good home, rather than turn into e-waste. Please reply here if you're interested in purchasing this from me for $0.00 + shipping costs from Northern CA:
    • 9 dimmers (2477D)
    • 9 switches (2477S),
    • (2 dimmers and one switch were purchased as spares and are unused in the original packaging. The rest have been functioning in my walls)
    • an on/off outdoor module (model 2634-222)
    • 1 smart home filter link (#1626-10)
    • 1 smart home dual band power link (#2413S)
    • 1 universal devices controller to control the foregoing (ISY994-i)

First reply willing to take the whole lot off my hands for the cost of shipping.

if it's still available i'm interested. shipping to 15009.

Comment

I'm interested if ehoffs21 doesn't work out.
      Proud tinkerer with Insteon Hub, Switches, Dimmers, Fanlincs, etc. Plus some Amazon Echos to make things more fun!
      I blog about smart home stuff too!

Comment

I'm interested it. I have a couple Insteon things, but I'm quadriplegic and can't hit the actual switches. I use my Alexa. spencerny1@aol.com

Comment

ehoffs21 I'd be interested in taking the ISY Controller ISY994-i and Serial Modem Interface 2413S off you if you don't have any need for them.
          noentsni-19 that's very generous of you to give it all away!

Cheers
          Last edited by Stephen; 09-27-2019, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I sent a direct message to ehoffs21 via this forum but haven't had a reply. I'd like to give them the rest of today to respond, then I'll move to the next response here, in order of arrival (so that's JeffryE next). FYI, the thing I asked ehoffs2 is whether he/she can send me a prepaid label via email. ups.com has this ability, and it requires a from-address, box dimensions and weight, all of which I'll supply.

Comment

If you still have this I will send you a prepaid FedEx label, just need the address and approximate weight. If you don't want to give me your address a zip code will do, private message me with your email address and we will go from there. Thanks.

Comment

what system are you replacing your Insteon system for? I'm building a new home and my current home is 100% Insteon. However, the HomeKit Hub doesn't work very well so I may look into some other technologies for the new house. I have been using insteon since it's introduction well over 10 years ago. Although I've had a few switches go out, I've been pretty happy with Insteon. the Hub Pro being the exception.

Comment

What's wrong with the homekit hub? I am building a new house now and would want to use Insteon because the switches look and work well. However, am concerned that Homekit is not up to par. I would ideally want a system that works both with Alexa and Homekit at the same time. I use Homekit on my phones but Alexa for voice. The customer service folks at Insteon said I can run both Hub2 and HubPro at the same time so the switch can be controlled from both Alexa and Homekit. However, another person here said that won't work well as one hub won't know the status of the device if it is changed by the other hub. Any thoughts here?

Comment

Originally posted by machueng View Post
                    What's wrong with the homekit hub? I am building a new house now and would want to use Insteon because the switches look and work well. However, am concerned that Homekit is not up to par. I would ideally want a system that works both with Alexa and Homekit at the same time. I use Homekit on my phones but Alexa for voice. The customer service folks at Insteon said I can run both Hub2 and HubPro at the same time so the switch can be controlled from both Alexa and Homekit. However, another person here said that won't work well as one hub won't know the status of the device if it is changed by the other hub. Any thoughts here?
                    They say the best teacher is experience. You can keep asking the same question until you get the answer you want or you can try it out and find out through actual use what you'll go through .

Smarthome has a 30 day return policy. This will give you a chance to experience both hubs. In the end, it may turn out that neither hub is for you. Pick up 3 or 4 dimmers, a keypad, and hubs. Link them to both hubs, add devices to the keypad buttons and see what happens when manually turned on/off and how both hubs respond. Control them from both hubs and assistants and observe the behaviors. While it's not an experience I would have want to live with, it may be one that you can.

Comment

I am in Canada so iti a bit harder to buy from Smarthome and return, but that may be something I need to do. I just wish Insteon is better when it comes to compatibility. Thanks for your advice.

Comment

There's aartech there. Insteon is good for compatability. I use insteon with hue, harmony, my alarm system, Alexa, google, Sonos, Zwave, and my irrigation system. All are working together as one. Don't blame insteon. Blame Apple for creating this mess by trying to force people to use proprietary stuff

One piece of advice I'll give is not to tie yourself into something simply because you have it. That's a quick way to failure. When youryotalkimg about investing a large sum of money into automation, the only way to enjoy it and feel like you've gotten your money's worth is to utilize it to the fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by lilyoyo1 View Post
                          There's aartech there. Insteon is good for compatability. I use insteon with hue, harmony, my alarm system, Alexa, google, Sonos, Zwave, and my irrigation system. All are working together as one. Don't blame insteon. Blame Apple for creating this mess by trying to force people to use proprietary stuff

One piece of advice I'll give is not to tie yourself into something simply because you have it. That's a quick way to failure. When youryotalkimg about investing a large sum of money into automation, the only way to enjoy it and feel like you've gotten your money's worth is to utilize it to the fullest.
                          the only way to enjoy it and feel like you've gotten your money's worth is to utilize it to the fullest. [/QUOTE]

The only way to enjoy it is to switch to an all it one software or controller. Insteon will come through soon, just be patient.

Comment

Insteon’s Alexa support is limited, with only certain devices being fully supported. Some may have half-support—for example, I have a few Insteon ceiling fan controllers that Alexa can only control the lights on, not the fan itself. Other devices may have no Alexa support at all.

Comment

Working...
                            X