No announcement yet.

This is refreshing to see. Letter from CEO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am very disillusioned about Insteon and how they’re handling things. Strict policies to integrate its tech with universal hubs, and mainstream Audio systems: Samsung,Sonos,& Bose Smartlocks: Schlage, Kwikset, &Yale, Dorbell: Ring, Nest, & Aeotech, Thermostat: Honeywell, Ecobee, Nest, &more. Lightning: Lutron, Zigbee, & ZWave,
    Insteon has been left behind to survive on its own. I was all in and supporting Insteon, but I find no way they will survive against large competitors and progress in home automation.
    Universal SmartHub manufacturers are producing some great products to support all smart home devices, mentioned above; moreover, universal hubs integrate with Apple HomeKit, Samsung Smarthome, Alexa, & Google assistant.

Universal hubs use is the Samsung Smartthings app, and proprietary apps.

I mentioned before, Insteon needs to either open up their platform to integrate into other hub manufacturers or create some integration into raspberry Pi or some other platform for us consumers. Also they need to open up the code, make it open source so the public can maintain this tech current.

I’m really considering moving to Z-wave, Zigbee, Lurton, or a combo of all to stay current.
    Last edited by sciclops; 09-14-2021, 07:39 PM.
    iPhone XR iOS 14 • iPhone X iOS 14 • Sonos (4 Zones) • ASUS RT-AC68P Router • XFinity Cable ISP • Qty-20 INSTEON devices • HUB II
    Share Science - Share Knowledge - Share Kindness

Comment

Now that they have announced a Nokia line of Insteon compatible devices. Who knows what is in store. As they are not giving us much information.

Comment

Nokia who? I don’t know the last time I’ve seen anything with the Nokia brand.
        Other brands/tech that come to mind yhat remind me of Nokia, VHS, Polaroid, cassettes, CDs, Blockbuster video, Walkman, dial up modems…

What is the reluctance of Insteon to communicate?

Hello, Insteon marketing. Is anyone home?
        iPhone XR iOS 14 • iPhone X iOS 14 • Sonos (4 Zones) • ASUS RT-AC68P Router • XFinity Cable ISP • Qty-20 INSTEON devices • HUB II

Comment

They have been announced in many technically related sites.
          There is an official web site where you can actually preorder some of the devices now.
          They claim it is in an addition to the Insteon line. My thought are many of the unique Insteon devices may never come back

Comment

I subscribe to many tech websites and haven’t come across any advertising of Nokia and Insteon. This does not inspire confidence for what will happen to Insteon.

Comment

I saw it on a Techive story. Also mentioned in the UDI forums and Smarthome forums. My many site was probably an over statement

https://nokia.smartlabsinc.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sciclops View Post

I’m really considering moving to Z-wave, Zigbee, Lurton, or a combo of all to stay current.
                You'll be giving away the unsupported Insteon crap you have then?
                I'll do you a huge favour and take it off your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Beelocks View Post

You'll be giving away the unsupported Insteon crap you have then?
                  I'll do you a huge favour and take it off your hands.
                  Great! I’ll gladly will swap you for your unused $700 dollars cash.

Comment

Working...
                  X