Remote Switch behaviour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote Switch behaviour

I have 2 x 'Remote Switch - 4 Scene' units configured within a scene to perform the same task of turning a plug in ON and OFF. The two remotes are positioned at opposite ends of the house and switch a lamp to facilitate safe passage between the two remotes. When I turn responder On with remote A .. remote B blinks its LED red for a short time and vis versa. Is this expected behaviour. I can turn ON from one remote and off with the other, but when I reverse the process and turn ON with 'the other' and off with 'the one'.. the responder turns OFF and a few second later turns back on again. Can someone pls explain this behaviour.

The Mini Remote should never blink in response to Insteon signals. What is the result if you operate both remote from the same location? What are you using to create Insteon scenes?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Scene: 2 x Remote 4scene-sceneA + 1 x MS set to occupied and 30sec timeout -> 2 x plug in responders.
      ​Logic: remote switch1-A(RHS) or remote switch1-A(RHS) or MS(motion detect) command both plug in responders to turn ON.
      remote switch1-A(LHS) or remote switch1-A(LHS) or MS(timeout) command both plug in responders to turn OFF.

Comment

I am creating the scenes via the Insteon iPhone app.

Comment

Working...
        X