IOLinc for Garage Opener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IOLinc for Garage Opener

Okay, i'm totally confused about IOLinc for the garage opener.

For some reason, I can only get the "OFF" button to work. The "ON" does not do anything.
    any ideas on what setting I should use? it's too many options

Latch, Momentary A, B, C Delay, Relay, Sensors... anyone else using it as garage opener?

What are you using to control the I/O Linc? Do you also have a magnetic switch?
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I have the same question. Using IOS IPHONE6. Rolling code opener. Ap will get report on the sensor's status but cannot operate the opener through the ap. documentation is rather confusing.

Comment

I noticed that the last time I had it connected. (need to still reconnect that). It used to work that on (or off) would open and then the other would close. Not sure what changed.
        iPhone4s - iOS 7.1.2
        iPhone3 - "remote" IOS 6.1.6
        iPod
        Android tablet Version 4.0.4
        Hub II: 1F.66.64
        Firmware: 5679
        Bin: Hub2-V04-20140904
        PLM: 9D

2 ip cameras
        2 smoke detectors w/ smoke bridge
        1 Motion sensor
        3 keypad
        3 outlet
        4 wall switches
        1 garage door open close sensor

Comment

I have 10 insteon devices in my house switches, sensors, dual band etc...all work pretty good with no problems upto now. I also have the "new" insteon hub which replaced the old one seeing they claim it has a 250 foot signal radius better than the old one of 150 feet. Anyway, back to your question? I have the same setup in the garage as yourself and sometimes it works and sometimes it does not? It is most definitely a signal thing and my hub is ONLY 30 feet from my garage door. I have a metal garage door and metal door going to the garage? Im starting to think this is what is causing the problem with the signal?
          Also, ON and OFF, sucks? Insteon engineers, if your listening to your customers lets change a garage door controler to UP or DOWN or OPEN or CLOSED not "on and off" ??? A garage door is NOT a switch folks? It goes UP and Down or it is OPEN or CLOSED not on or off?? Sensor also should be labelled Door Open or Door Closed!

Comment

The IOLinc is not Dual Band. So RF distance makes no difference. The HUB's power line commands have to get to the IOLinc in question.
            It is possible the opener is making power line noise or absorbing the signal.
            Opener and IOLinc could also be on different branch circuits and maybe on opposite phase of the incoming power lines.

Comment

Working...
            X