Can't link an I/O Linc into my system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't link an I/O Linc into my system

I have spent a few weeks trying to get my I/O linc to be learned into my home Insteon system. It won't do it. I bought two new I/O links from two different suppliers on eBay. And those two will not link either. It starts the process but never finishes. Everything else on my Insteon and home system is working just fine. I have reset the device to factory settings. No success with all three units. Here are 4 screen shots. The last ones is where it hangs forever.
    Attached Files

I tried looking at your screenshots but get an invalid file specified error message.
    The I/OLinc is a power line only module.
    You may have a signal issue to them.
    Have you tried them in the same outlet or circuit as the system controller?
    If it works in that position. You may not being reaching the wanted location or have noise effecting them.
    Do you have any signal coupling modules like a dual band module, range extender or access point near the location?
    I don't use a HUB but remember the I/OLinc may not be supported in the newer APP

Comment

I uploaded new JPG files.
      The hub is plugged into a power strip, and each of the I/O lincs that I have tried I have plugged into the same power strip, i.e. 3 inches away. So - yes - same circuit.

For some reason. Now it's partially working. I just noticed something new. When I push the little set button on the side of the I/O linc, the green dot on the icon for the app comes on. When I push it again, the green dot goes out. And back and forth. And I hear the relay. Click inside. But when I turned the I/O linc on or off with the app, the I/O linc does nothing.

I just fixed the above problem by setting sensor triggers relay to YES. Now I'm going to start setting up the flood sensors to trigger this. I have 18 flood sensors. Can you give me advice on how to sinc all these together.?. I have tried every combination of pushing buttons on the flood sensors and on the I/O Linc, but cannot find any way to get them to link together. I find no way to do it on the phone app either. I have instructions for both parts and they don't tell me how to do this. Help.
      Last edited by Mark G; 10-29-2022, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X