Insteon Switch Turns off Insteon Outlet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Switch Turns off Insteon Outlet

I recently bought a house with a pretty complicated Insteon setup. The previous homeowner turned the system over to me and, in general, it works pretty well. However, when I turn off a set of lights outside the master bedroom connected to an Insteon wall switch the pump to my koi pond also goes off. The pump is plugged into the bottom outlet of an Insteon outlet. I cannot find that the bottom outlet is even registered with the hub. The top outlet, which controls the lights at the koi pond, is registered with the hub and works appropriately. It is not affected by the wall switch in the master bedroom. Also, if the hub turns off the lights outside the master bedroom based on the set schedule it DOES NOT affect the outlet for the pump. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks TFitzpatri8, The koi pond outlet is in only one scene (and not the same scene as the switch for the lights outside the master bedroom). However, it is only the top outlet that is associated with the scene, so there's no bottom outlet to uncheck. Try as I might, I can't even find the bottom outlet listed anywhere, even in all devices.

Comment

Might be easier to manually unlink the two devices. The outlet may have been added with an app/OS that didn't support both outlets at the time.

Starting at the lights in the bedroom, press and hold the set button down until the device beeps at you and let go. (Linking mode)
      Press and hold the set button again until it beeps and let go. (unlinking mode)

Go to the outlet and press and hold the lower set button of the outlet until you here a double beep and let go. It should no longer respond top the light upstairs.

Comment

Thanks, I'll give it a try!

Comment

Working...
        X