Dimmer interfering with Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimmer interfering with Switch

I recently installed in this order from left to right a 2487S 6 Keypad, a 2477D Dimmer and a 2477S in a 3 gang box. Everything is working fine except for 1 thing. When I turn on or off the dimmer, the 2477S also comes on and off respectively (i.e I turn on the dimmer, the switch comes). The keypad is working as expected. I can turn on or off the 2477S without affecting the dimmer. This does not happen when I use the Insteon App (devices or scenes) or Google Home App to turn on or off the dimmer. Is there anything that I can do to stop this from happening?

You can try manually unlinking the dimmer from the switch.
    1. Press and hold the set button on the bottom of the dimmer until it beeps and let go.Led should be blinking green. (link mode)
    2. Press and hold the set button again until it beeps and let go. The LED should be blinking red. (unlink mode)
    3. Go to the switch and press its set button down until it double beeps and let go. Both switch LEDs should stop blinking.

Test the dimmer to see if it is still controlling the switch.

Comment

That worked. Thanks for the quick turn around! I'm still at a loss on how they were linked.

Comment

love it thank for the valuable information…WalgreensListens
        Last edited by IrvinKlein; 10-06-2020, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X