Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

connect.insteon.com page icons are not clickable

Hi,
    I use a 2422-422 insteon hub in my house. Configured it using the app and I can control my devices using the app (android). So this is fine and works as expected.

I would like to be able to control devices from a browser on my laptop as well. So I connect to connect.insteon.com. I log in and get to see my devices. The only thing is the icons show as a broken link, this is a graphic with a cross in them and they are not clickable.
    The only icons that work are at the bottom of the screen (Home, Favorites, Scenes...)

​I already tested following:
    - used IE and Edge instead of Chrome, same issue
    - cleared browser history, same issue
    - tried another computer, same issue

What am I doing wrong. Any ideas?

Gus Knoops
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

The browser/Windows website has not be supported for several years. I'm surprised it is even still reachable. There is an Insteon app in the Microsoft store that is mostly usable. Hopefully these issues will be resolved/replaced when they start rolling out a new Hub app in the near future.

Comment

I can confirm that the Beta Browser is not functional. I Just tested it with an old 2242-222 controller:

Icons showed up on all browsers.
      Chrome - Statuses the devices but no control
      Firefox - No device status but can control the devices. It has about a 5 second delay for me.
      None of the navigational links worked on any browser.

I agree with Eagle that the Windows 10 app is your best bet at this point. With all the browser updates over the years and Insteon shelving this website years ago I don't see this as a viable option.

Comment

Hi!
        Thanks very much for your feedback. Immediately tried to install the Win10 app. Login went without a hitch and now my devices show with nice icons and I can click them. Actually looks very nice.
        Unfortunately when I try to turn on a light, it doesn't work. Some dots roll by on the screen, but in the real world nothing happens.
        When I go to the android app and do the same thing. Then the light comes on...
        I'm controlling lights in a distant location and can see if it works with a camera.
        Cheers, Gus
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

The yellow means that the hub doesn't have status information to report to the app. If the light is off it'll be a grey box, if it's on it'll be green, if it's in an indeterminate state it'll be yellow. Also some sensors turn red.

Other people say it's barely functional... while true, it's also the best looking of the apps right now.

Comment

I use only X10 (old) devices right now. Maybe thats the reason it's not working. They cannot be statused. However, from the Android app on my phone it works fine with these X10 devices. To me it looks like the Win10 app does a status check and doesn't proceed with actually sending the cmd since it doesn't get a status. But these X10 devices cannot sent status.

Comment

Insteon connect has been in beta for how long? I'm not sure they are working on correcting these issues.

Comment

Originally posted by ttantalo View Post
                Insteon connect has been in beta for how long? I'm not sure they are working on correcting these issues.
                That page was designed for the 2242. Since it's been discontinued for 5 years now, I doubt they would be trying to update it.

Comment

Is the 2242-422 UK version not our USA version 2242-222. Still being sold in the UK. At one time it was after we got the 2245-222.
                  As as far as I have seen. The newer 2245-222 HUB was not being sold in overseas versions.

Comment

There are some outlets that still sell the 2242-4xx version but the 2245-422 version has been available for a couple years. They basically perform the same so a 2242 could get to connect.insteon but a 2245 model would not.

Comment

Thank you for the updated on the HUB models.

Comment

Originally posted by gkn@gukno.nl View Post
                        Hi,
                        I use a 2422-422 insteon hub in my house. Configured it using the app and I can control my devices using the app (android). So this is fine and works as expected.

I would like to be able to control devices from a browser on my laptop as well. So I connect to connect.insteon.com. I log in and get to see my devices. The only thing is the icons show as a broken link, this is a graphic with a cross in them and they are not clickable.
                        The only icons that work are at the bottom of the screen (Home, Favorites, Scenes...)

​I already tested following:
                        - used IE and Edge instead of Chrome, same issue
                        - cleared browser history, same issue
                        - tried another computer, same issue

What am I doing wrong. Any ideas?

Gus Knoops
                        Looks like this is a direct x problem or firewall blocking ,maybe an os limitation.
                        Check your redistributed packages.

Comment

Originally posted by ttantalo View Post

Looks like this is a direct x problem or firewall blocking ,maybe an os limitation.
                          Check your redistributed packages.
                          It's nothing like that - the web back end just doesn't work; the controls on the web page have empty javascript code.
                          Insteon abandoned the 2242 Hub "v1" years ago. It still works with the clunky old "Insteon for Hub" app, and nothing else. It can't be integrated with any 3rd party automation system unless you are prepared to reverse engineer the protocol, snoop all your device addresses and write a lot of code yourself.
                          Nothing ever went obsolete so fast as this device did. Even the insteon remote I bought at the same time (from the same shop!) doesn't work with it. Worst coupla hundred quid I ever spent.

Comment

Originally posted by ralph.clark@gmail.com View Post

It's nothing like that - the web back end just doesn't work; the controls on the web page have empty javascript code.
                            Insteon abandoned the 2242 Hub "v1" years ago. It still works with the clunky old "Insteon for Hub" app, and nothing else. It can't be integrated with any 3rd party automation system unless you are prepared to reverse engineer the protocol, snoop all your device addresses and write a lot of code yourself.
                            Nothing ever went obsolete so fast as this device did. Even the insteon remote I bought at the same time (from the same shop!) doesn't work with it. Worst coupla hundred quid I ever spent.
                            So you're complaining about a device that was released 9 years ago? Times have changed. The new hub does allow you to integrate insteon with Google and Alexa. Unfortunately progress makes things obsolete at some point

Comment

Working...
                            X