Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outdoors Wireless Insteon IP Cameras? Are they any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoors Wireless Insteon IP Cameras? Are they any good?

I am about 6 months new to Insteon and I really like the system. But I jumped in early I guess since cameras seem to be a limiting issue. I've noticed there are some "close-out" Insteon IP cameras out there but it seems Insteon isn't supporting them as of 2016. Are the Outdoor WiFi cameras any good? Thanks

Insteon Outdoor Wi-Fi HD IP Camera, 1280x720, 30fps, 66' IR Night Vision Range, H.264, MJPEG - This is the one I was looking at. Anyone own one of these?

https://www.adorama.com/in2864232.ht...1-fc7e80ca518f

Comment

The model # denotes it as an outdoor HD camera but the last selling version was white not silver. The silver models were only around for the SD versions and a short time with HD when they first came out so you might want to verify with the seller.

The outdoor cameras are ok. If you need an outdoor camera and have to have it work inside your Hub app you do not have very many options. If you are ok with using a different app then I would look at the Wyze cameras. Less expensive, feature packed and easy to use.

Comment

Thanks. Wasn't sure if I shld jump in or later look elsewhere. I will take a look

Comment

Bought one for my office, and after about 30 minutes, I was able to get it paired with one of our Belkin wifi antennas. However, that antenna ran into a switch, then through a firewall, and finally through our cable modem. Inside the office while I was on the Belkin Wifi, no problem seeing the camera. But I could not do anything to see the camera from outside the office when not on the office wifi. We ended up going to a wifi-enabled firewall, which then allowed us to open a port to be able to see the camera from outside the office. It works awesome now, and picture quality is good but was definitely not simple to set up. We do not have several cameras up and running,and it took no more than 5 minutes to pair each one, and they are all working well now. Our purpose is to monitor outside the office, and we do not need to record or save video footage, but that would be a downside to this camera if we needed that functionality.

Comment

Working...
          X