No announcement yet.

2334-232 Problem????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFitzpatri8 Response in bold & underline (also prior message was incorrectly addressed, sorry)

Something else intermittent? Maybe the grounding wire contacting something, or scratched or disintegrating wire insulation, or water infiltration? >>>I checked all of that, no water and no disintegrating wires…

If your lighting still works with a manual switch, there’s no way it can have such a high inrush current that it trips a breaker. >>> That is what surprised me also….

I’m concerned that you haven’t landed on a reasonable explanation yet. If it is an unsolved intermittent problem, it could be dangerous. >>> You are correct, but it has been working since I removed the LED bulbs, and I could not find anything wrong with the circuit/or electrical hookup…

Currently the bulbs are incandescent, and working well… I am reluctant to put the old LED bulbs back in as I am sure it will blow the 2334 again… However, those LED bulbs worked for years with the 2486, and with the manual switch… And it was after the manual switch worked that I installed and blew out the third 2334….

Comment

SteveL: Thank you and others for the input and suggestions. The breakers are not AFCI breakers.

Comment

Just to clarify—all three keypads still power up, you just can’t measure any voltage on the load wire? The triac might be damaged, but the power supply and logic silicon must still be intact for them to power up and toggle button backlighting on and off. Very curious. >>>That is correct. The switch still works from the buttons, just no output..

If it were me, I’d be tempted to test further those three units that you already removed from service. I’d use a power cord plugged into a power strip with built-in breaker powering a keypad and connected to an incandescent load. Be sure that line connects to line, neutral to neutral, and the load connects to load and to neutral. That would tell me if the triac was still working. If that worked, I’d try one of the suspect loads. Using a power cord to power the keypad and load would rule out any hidden issues with a fixture or wiring, you’d just be testing the keypad triac and compatibility with each load. >>> Thanks, I’ll try that in the next day or two and let you know…

Comment

Working...
        X