Insteon+ no longer recognizes Hub Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon+ no longer recognizes Hub Pro

I've had my Insteon Hub pro for about 6 months, so its not that old. I've lost connection a couple of times, other posts for that. Seems to be a problem. This time, insteon+ app does not recognize the Hub Pro. So I decided to reset everything. So I deleted the Hub from Insteon+ and start over. When trying to setup the Hub again. The app cannot find Hub at all.

It looks like the hub is working, the lights are green and it is network cables are normal. I read in another post that Apple is no longer support insteon as they are no longer listed as HomeKit accessories on Apples site. This just happened after recent iOS update. Cant tell if Hub is broken.

What is going on? Anyone else experiencing complete loss of Hub Pro?

More detail: After a factory reset. I receive a message that says "Couldn't Add Hub Pro. Home couldnt connect to this accessory" Then a dismiss button.

Comment

What is a Hub Pro?

Comment

It’s the hub for Apple HomeKit. http://www.insteon.com/insteon-hub-homekit

Comment

After you reset your hub you deleted the key that connects it to your apple keychain account. You'll have to reset your account as well. Pretty much start from a clean slate.

Comment

Resetting key chain did not work.

Comment

I’m wondering if anyone found a solution to this? I’m experiencing the very same problem, and I’ve tried all the recommended solutions with no success. The app sees the hub, but when I go to add the hub, I don’t even get to a point I can even enter a code. It just immediately throws up the cannot add message.

Fixed: (from Insteon support line)
              With regards to your email, Request you to follow below steps to install the HUB Pro:

1) Use Apple HomeKit App & not the Insteon+ app (as Insteon + app is no more active & lots of features are removed form the Insteon+ App)
              2) Delete Home (When you open the Homekit app, click on Navigation symbol (top Left corner), Click on Home & delete/remove Home)
              3) Factory Reset the HUB (Please refer the link below for factory Reset)

https://www.insteon.com/support-know...ng-insteon-hub

4) In Homekit App, Click on Get Started -> Add accessory -> Enter Homekit code (mentioned at the botom of the HUB)

If still not able to see the HUB:

1) Under Phone Settings, Tuen Off Keychain (under iCloud)
              2) Sign out form Icloud account & Sign back in
              3) Turn On Keychain

(Repeat the above steps 1-4 for adding the HUB)

Also refer the links below for HomeKit app usage:

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204893

So they’ve completely eliminated using their own Insteon app. But it all seems to work fine now
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 2 photos.
              Last edited by Clhill; 07-19-2018, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X