2486d 6 button dimmer - buttons often non responsive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2486d 6 button dimmer - buttons often non responsive

I have a couple 2486D 6 button local dimmers, and find after a few years the buttons become non responsive - pushing them, nothing happens, the button does not light up. Not even the local dimmer buttons which do not need to communicate. Pushing many times, eventually it may work. My newer 2486 does not yet have this problem. Durability seems to be a problem with these. Is there a fix for this? I could attempt to take the dimmer apart, although the last time I took a non working 2486D apart, it did not end well...

The small tact switches the buttons activate maybe getting intermittent. I know the older 2476D/S modules had switch issues. The 2486D maybe the same.
    One thing check. If the 2486D is linked to any other module and it it can or not also control the module.
    If the local switches do not work but the linked ones can control it. Then it could be the tact switches in the 2486D.

Comment

Hello
      Thanks for the sharing.

MyAccountAccess Rewards
      Last edited by Soublartand54; 11-16-2022, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Has anybody taken these apart to fix the internal switches?

Comment

I have not seen any for the KPL. Though I imagine someone has.
          I have seen one on the 2476 Switchlinc.
          The internal photos of the inside of the 2477 Dual Bands are in the FCC Database entries. From when they got FCC approval.
          The Dual Band KPL should also be there.

Comment

Working...
          X