Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interference from a LED Fixture

Hello,
    I just installed a din rail relay in place of a mechanical time clock. Works fine until i connect a LED wallpack fixture... The second I connect the load to the relay and turn on, the relay stops responding. I connected a incandescent lamp and it works okay. Anyone encounter anything like this? Any idea for a filter, maybe a capacitor in-line?

On but not Off. Is a problem we have seen.

Either it is making power line noise or it has an across AC power line rated capacitor across its Line to Neutral input. To keep its internal electronics noise off of the power lines. Unfortunately that capacitor will absorb the Insteon power line command. Though an Insteon RF command from another dual band module may get processed.

You could use a filter designed for automation use. I have not seen any of the wire in types lately. A FilterLinc would work but it is a plug in type. A capacitor or filter not made for automation communications would probably make things worse.

Comment

Thank you for the reply, Mr. BLH.
      Actually, I think i solved it about an hour ago when I moved a VGA cable and saw that nice big ferrite bead. Reached into the bottom of "that" endless black bag. Found a snap around bead, put it around the polarity, whoops, the hot and it looks like that solved it. Always forget the simple things..... Everybody happy now...
      A 5 or 10Mfd 300v capacitor across the load of the relay or in series with the polarity would probably work... we're gonna K-eep I-t S-imple S-tupid this one off......

Comment

Good chance a large capacitor across the Load. Would kill the Insteon power line commands when the module was On. Giving you a goes ON OK but Off not working again.

Comment

It turns out that using certain types of LED light bulbs can cause interference with some frequencies. The LED pulses on and off at a very high frequency (beyond that which our eyes can perceive), and this pulsing can create RF noise. If not shielded sufficiently, this RF noise can interfere with TV or radio signals.

Comment

A shocking fact is that the LEDs in your home can also affect the wireless signal, causing radio interference. LED lights are not the main source that causes the problem.

official site
            Last edited by Rodrick; 01-24-2022, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodrick View Post
              A shocking fact is that the LEDs in your home can also affect the wireless signal, causing radio interference. LED lights are not the main source that causes the problem.

official site html5 games
              Thanks! Rodrick

Comment

You could use a filter designed for automation use. I have not seen any of the wire in types lately. A FilterLinc would work but it is a plug in type. A capacitor or filter not made for automation communications would probably make things worse.
                Web Stories
                Last edited by singhVik; 08-14-2022, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X