Lighting control in a new home theatre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighting control in a new home theatre

Help from fellow members and installers will be appreciated. I want to use the Logitech Harmony Elite remote control in my theatre room. I need to control existing LED lights using a small inline relay switch/dimmer that can be inserted into a british specified light switch box behind the actual switch on the wall in oder to control the lights in the theatre room.

I suppose I will need the Insteon 2 hub as the Harmony Elite hub will probably talk to the Insteon HUB which will then talk t the relay switch - is that correct?

Also, I need a nice battery powered simple on-wall switch (1 gang) that can be placed outside of the theatre room on the wall near the entrance which will enable mw to switch-on the lights of the theatre room as I enter.

Please point me to the right devices and does Insteon have a distributor or dealer in the UK?

These days just using voice activation is far more convenient, even with a noisy movie going on. Have you considered just positioning an Alexa device somewhere in the room?

Comment

If you really need a battery powered switch, you can also go with the "Insteon Mini Remote 1-Scene Switch, 2342-242 - Controls On/Off & Dimming, Rechargeable Battery"Insteon Mini Remote 1-Scene Switch, 2342-242 - Controls On/Off & Dimming, Rechargeable Battery

It is battery powered, looks like a switch and they sell a wall bracket that makes it look like a switch even though it is battery powered.

Comment

Originally posted by Samazar View Post
        Help from fellow members and installers will be appreciated. I want to use the Logitech Harmony Elite remote control in my theatre room. I need to control existing LED lights using a small inline relay switch/dimmer that can be inserted into a british specified light switch box behind the actual switch on the wall in oder to control the lights in the theatre room.

I suppose I will need the Insteon publix login 2 hub as the Harmony Elite hub will probably talk to the Insteon HUB which will then talk t the relay switch - is that correct?

Also, I need a nice battery powered simple on-wall switch (1 gang) that can be placed outside of the theatre room on the wall near the entrance which will enable mw to switch-on the lights of the theatre room as I enter.

Please point me to the right devices and does Insteon have a distributor or dealer in the UK?

Thank you for sharing your knowledge.
        Last edited by Baroqueen; 12-02-2021, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing such a helpful instruction.
          DG Paystub Portal
          Last edited by Marlene69; 08-08-2022, 09:37 PM.

Comment

that makes it look like a switch even though it is battery powered.

Comment

I think Insteon doesn't have a distributor or dealer in the UK.
              Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-19-2023, 01:38 PM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Moving lights are usually controlled via lighting control consoles. Currently, the most common output control signal used for directing moving lights via a console is DMX (Digital Multiplex).

Last edited by INSTEON John; 05-07-2023, 11:22 AM. Reason: Erased hidden code linked to a non-relevant web site like spam

Comment

Working...
                X