Motion Sensor revert to dim when no motion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion Sensor revert to dim when no motion

I'm trying to figure out the best way (if possible) to set up lights on a dimmer to revert back to a dim state after motion stops. I've got 3 can lights next to a gate on a 2477 dimmer, programmed in a scene that turns on to 15% at sunset. Those lights ramp up to 100% if motion detected, but after the countdown timer, they turn off. I would like them to go back to 15%. Motion controller is an Insteon Motion Sensor II, with programming through a HUB.

How can I get the lights to ramp back down to 15% at the end of the countdown timer, instead of turning off?

I am having a same issue. Anyone Help us. Tell us what to do or Is It Ok? MyInsite Login
    Last edited by Denisesutter; 09-21-2022, 09:28 PM.

Comment

I’m trying to set my motion sensor to switch my lights back on to the previous scene with the brightness that I’ve selected. I’m using the “Toggle Group (Switch on)” setting when there’s motion to switch the lights back on but it’s switching the lights back on at the dimmed brightness. How do I switch lights back to the pre dimmed brightness? macys insite
      Last edited by Denisesutter; 09-26-2022, 09:06 PM.

Comment

I switch lights back to the pre dimmed brightness

Comment

I know of two ways to do something like this, but you'll need some additional equipment. You can do this with an Alexa routine, but you'd need to use a different vendor's sensor. If you have Philips hue stuff, their sensor is great, and it's compatible. Some others will also work with Alexa, but Insteon's does not. Your routine would use the Hue or other third-party sensor to turn the lights on, then either after a period or time or through a second routine that runs after motion stops, adjust the dim level down to your preferred setting. Even if you don't use Alexa as a voice assistant, the app offers some powerful capabilities through its Routines, which run from the cloud. It doesn't matter if you have Echo devices around your house or not.

You could also write a script for the ISY that would do this, but that would require using an ISY or Polisy and an Insteon PLM; that's a lot of added expense, and the PLMs are not easy to come by these days, unfortunately.

This isn't something you can do with the Insteon sensors using the Insteon Hub. Insteon sensors and the Insteon Hub will turn something on to a preset level, but after the set time has passed, they'll only turn that device off.

HTH...and please post back Denisesutter with what you end up doing.

Comment

Working...
          X