Insteon Hub with Alexa in Canada

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insteon Hub with Alexa in Canada

When do you think, the skill for Alexa (Echo Plus) will be avalable for Canada ?

There are recent posts about this already. You would need to contact Amazon as insteon does not control Anson skills releases

Comment

I've contacted both Amazon Canada and Insteon and all they say is it is being worked on. I have a bunch of Insteon light switches and lamp/appliance modules and got my Echo and Dot working with them by changing my location to the US. I mainly use Alexa to control the lights and play music, so it is really just an annoyance that this skill doesn't work in Canada. If I want the weather for where I live, I just need to state the city and province I live in.

I did need to reset my Echo and set it up again using an amazon.com account associated with a valid US address rather than an Amazon.ca account. Once I did this I was able to enable the Insteon skill and get it working. Hope that helps you until this skill is available in Canada.

Comment

Info only: Insteon can only state what Amazon tells them. Insteon has no control of what Amazon actually does. But they do have a bit of influence ;)
        Stu's Views is Education and Fun. What do YOU want to VIEW today?
        MathLandia High school mathematics learning fun.
        Both Stu's Views and MathLandia are free websites that do not sell anything.
        Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Please don't PM with questions that can be asked in a forum.

Comment

Working...
        X