Door/Garage Sensor On Only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door/Garage Sensor On Only?

Apologies if this covered elsewhere but is it possible to setup a scene with the Insteon Hub/App where a door sensor will turn lights on when the door is open but will not turn them off when the door is closed?

Driving in at night and having the lights come on is great but as soon as I close the garage door the lights turn off and I stumble around in the dark. I'd like them to just stay on and turn them off manually at the switch regardless of the door postion. I've tried a number of options with the app but can't seem to find any promising options.

Thanks!

- Chris

The Hub does not have the ability to create a conditionals (if this, then do that). It's an entry level HA device. You'll need something more costly such as software or an ISY. There's nothing in-between.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thank you both for the answers. Lazily was hoping to avoid the learning curve and just get away with the packaged products but will jump in now and get it sorted.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X