Red status light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red status light

Hi. I have two 2477d switches in two different rooms. They work flawlessly with the Amazon Echo and with the Insteon App. When I use the actual switch it works but the light flickers after it turns on and then the led blinks red. The led blinks red after the lights are turned off using the actual switch also. Any idea why this is happening? I am using the Ledare led light bulbs from IKEA.

That the switches LED blinks red indicates that the device was linked to another device at some time (e.g., scene), but never unlinked.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. They are brand new devices out of the box. Don't currently have any scenes and never configured any on the hub. Can you think of any other reason for the red light and flicker?
      ​​​​​

Comment

We have occasionally seen brand new Insteon Modules shipped from the factory with QC test links in them.
        Many of us do a Factory Reset on all new modules on the off chance they have any test links in them from the factory.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Will try the reset.

Comment

HI. The reset worked. Many Thanks! :)

Comment

Working...
            X