Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scene timing & locale?

Hiya,

Got it my new 2242-372 Insteon Home Control Starter Kit with hub and 2 dimmers. I set up a scene with one dimmer where it is supposed to turn it on at sunset. Instead it turned on around noon today. I don't see anywhere in the iOS app to set a locale, how does the hub know where it is? Any suspicions to why it turned on at noon? Thanks,

Terry

Settings, House, Find My Hub.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thanks. So it is showing the correct location, but the wrong time. It is currently showing 10:10 pm for the Hub Local Time when it is actually 4:10pm. .?? This is CDT, and I have DST enabled.

Comment

This has worked for me: make up coordinates and select them. Then use [url]http://www.gps-coordinates.net/[/url] to locate the coordinates for your specific address.
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

Thanks Stu. I tried using the Enter Address option and it corrected the time after that. I had set it up using Use My Location via the iPhone I think. Thanks for your Help!

terry

Comment

Stu, I have a Foscam 8910 camera I added. When I try to go to camera settings the app hangs and never recovers. I would just like to remove it as I don't see that it adds anything beyond the app I already use. Unfortunately it looks like I can't do this if the app hangs where I need to remove it every time. System reset?

thanks,

terry

Comment

A simple reset will only clear the network setting including the user name and password. A factory reset will clear everything, but requires that you delete all scenes first. You may want to try [URL="http://www.insteon.com/support/"]Insteon Support[/URL].

Comment

OK thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X