Unused Christmas devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unused Christmas devices

I'm still a newbie with Insteon. I have three devices that were set up for my Christmas lights. I packed up the three on/off modules with their respective lights and they'll be in storage until next year. The problem is, the three modules are still listed in the Insteon app and the Hub (2245-222) and app are still polling for their status every time I launch the Insteon app. How can I disable the three hibernating Christmas modules in the app without actually deleting them or the Christmas lights scene? (I could delete them and recreate the scene next year, but that seems like a waste of time.)

Any advice? Thanks!

There is no way to disable a device added to the Hub.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I faced a similar problem and somewhat solved it by moving the devices to another Insteon room. I created a room called "Christmas", moved those devices into that room, and deleted all those devices from all other rooms. Now when I go to Favorites or other rooms/devices that I use all the time, I don't need to wait for status updates from devices that are not going to respond.

Comment

Fantastic! Thanks a bunch -- I did the same thing now and it works perfectly to hide the unused devices.

The more I work with this software and the more I learn about it, the more impressed I am with it's capabilities. It's very deceptive because it's simplicity hides the capabilities it really does have. The limitations I've found with the software are almost always due to my own inexperience with it and my own lack of creative imagination on how to use the software. I REALLY appreciate this forum and members for helping me expand my Insteon knowledge!

Comment

Working...
        X