New Hub2, Windows, Device Not Found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Hub2, Windows, Device Not Found

I have a new Hub 2 that I have been trying to get working from various Windows 10 devices (mobile and desktop) and have experienced nothing but failure. I have an email into tech support, but I was wondering if anyone here could provide some insight. The problem has migrated through three stages.

(1) Logged into app on Windows Phone 10 and I was immediately given a screen that looked like it was talking to the hub (I had not done any setup.) Seeing this, I tried to add a thermostat device. That failed and I assumed it was because I had not setup the hub. Seeing no way to do that, I logged out of app. I'm not sure if this was ever talking to the device, or it was just some unconnected screen.

(2) On logging back in, I was now prompted to add a hub. This was met with a "device not found" error. I tried this from multiple machines (desktop and phone) both wired and wifi.
    I tried network reset, factory reset, router reset, hub network test.... Everything looked OK. I can connect to the device via its local IP address and port number and if I go to "connect.insteon.com\getinfo.asp" then the device shows up and everything looks proper. I can log into the "connect.insteon.com" website, but all the pages are blank (as I would expect them to be.) At some point, after hours, of messing with it, the problem changed slightly.

(3) Now when I try to sign into the app I get a "Connection to Hub has been lost" with no way to proceed. That's odd because I was never given any indication that the hub was setup and connected in the first place.

Not sure if this is a Windows ecosystem issue, a bad device, or some sort of Network firewall issue. Any thoughts?

Thanks in Advance,

Matt

Thanks for the response. This is not a used unit. I have not heard back from tech support. I did go out and buy another unit, and with a new account I received the exact same results. This time stage 1 was skipped (I think that was just a red herring.) It went right to stage 2 "device not found" and upon logout / login it immediately went to stage 3 "device not connected." It seems that, despite the message to the contrary, the device is being added to my account in stage 2. In the get info screen both units say "TRUE" under configured connect account. Why it doesn't work from there is baffling, To me its either a Windows app problem (the windows app doesn't use the QR code) or a network security issue. I can't find reference to either being an issue for others.

Comment

Spoke to Insteon tech support. Was told that there is a problem registering the hubs at the moment. The employee was nice enough, but not really able to do anything for me. He tried setting it up on his end before finally admitting he couldn't help. Was told that they would probably have the problem fixed in the next few days. If I still can't use either of my brand new hubs on Monday I'm supposed to call back. Not a great introduction to this product. I'm also wondering about how widely used this product really is, considering they have had an issue for 3 days now where, at least a subset of new product, is completely un-useable. The only redeeming feature of the Insteon product so far, which I'm surprised doesn't get talked up more, is the peer to peer nature of the network. Even without the hub, I've been able to link up most of my devices for basic control.

Comment

Had to do a network reset, but its up and running now. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X