Amazon Echo Dot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Echo Dot

I just purchased the Amazon Dot and am interested in having it control my Nest thermostat, for the Insteon hub owners is there an additional yearly charge to be able to do this?? I have a Universal Devices hub and as I am finding out to be able to do this with my UD hub it costs around $25.00 yr. Thanks.

[QUOTE=teverk;n90947]I just purchased the Amazon Dot and am interested in having it control my Nest thermostat, for the Insteon hub owners is there an additional yearly charge to be able to do this?? I have a Universal Devices hub and as I am finding out to be able to do this with my UD hub it costs around $25.00 yr. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You have two choices which depends on your ability, technical skill level, and investment in time. Option one is simply pay the $49.XX for the two year subscription rate for the ISY Portal which includes the Network Module, remote access with out port forwarding, and many other soon to be released features.

If you believe your skill set and time is up to task you need only purchase the $49.XX Network Module, install a RPi, and load one of several Phillips Hue Emulators which will allow Amazon Echo control of your Insteon network.

NOTE: The ISY Portal's network module is tied to the service - meaning if you ever cancel the subscription you lose the capability to connect and communicate. This is why I encourage anyone regardless of the subscription for the portal to have the dedicated network module. As its a one time purchase and will remain on the controller forever and allows you to interact with many IP based network devices and cloud hosted services like IFTTT and many more.
    Want to make a real difference? Please cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...t/8221-plm-pro

Comment

Thanks TFitzpatri8 & EVIL Teken for your replies. I probably will purchase the Network Module and install the RPi, Sounds like a great project. Thanks again for the great replies...

Comment

Make sure you create a user account in the UDI forums and post any related questions for the above integration path. Doing a quick search on their forum will yield lots of information pertaining to the HUE emulator so make sure you have a tall cup of coffee!
        Want to make a real difference? Please cast your vote to make the PLM Pro a reality: http://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-...t/8221-plm-pro

Comment

Working...
        X