Dual Switch Plate Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual Switch Plate Conversion

Most of my conventional wall switches are installed in pairs of ordinary throw switches. I am planning to convert only one of the switches in the same electrical box to an Insteon paddle type, e.g., a conventional switch next to an Insteon paddle. I am not really interested in the new screwless switch plate appearance.

Do the paddle type Insteon switches (both dimming and non dimming) have switch plate screw holes in the same location as the screw holes of other paddle type switches and is the Insteon paddle the same size as the paddle cutout of a conventional screw paddle switch plate?
    Last edited by ticobird; 10-19-2016, 01:19 PM.

Paddle switches all conform to the same standard no matter who makes them nor what their purpose is.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Thanks again stusviews.

Comment

Working...
      X