Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Door Sensor to plug in module scene reverse logic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door Sensor to plug in module scene reverse logic?

I setup a scene where I have a door Sensor on my garage door that controls a plug in module. I did the programming/scene with the garage closed.

What I would like is the reverse of what happens. I want a light plugged into the module to be Off when the garage is open and On when closed.

Do I just need to redo the linking in the scene with the door Sensor in the open position instead or is there some other way to reverse the logic of what happens?

Thanks!

You would need advanced software like the Isy994 which would allow you to write rules governing how your devices behave. The sensor will not accomplish what you want on its own

Comment

Really, even to just change the basic operation of open sensor means off instead of on for the plug in module, and closed sensor means on? I believe in older sensors there was a jumper inside to allow this logic flip? No similar method with the latest ones?

Comment

Yes the original magnetic switches. Had both a NO or NC connection along with the Common connection. So you could pick the Sensor Input being On with the switch near the magnet or when not near the magnet. The original switch was also a security type that was more rugged.

Comment

I'm sure people have said it before, but in the apparent interest of simplicity for the average user, some really basic simple functionality and capabilities seem to be lacking and easily done in software. Really, I would need to go and buy a separate magnetic switch to make this functionality work? Seems crazy.

Thanks for the responses.

Comment

You can do it with an ISY994i but there is a catch.
            They do a all module Status Check usually at 3:00AM. When it reads the Sensor Input. The I/OLinc reports it's true status. Not the Sensor Reverse status done in software. So the system thinks the Garage Door is open.

Comment

Working...
            X