Can't Connect To Hub 2245-222

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Connect To Hub 2245-222

I have Windows 10 PC, Kindle Fire HD 8.9", no smartphone, Netgear 7000 Router (AC1900). I've tried to setup using both the INSTEON Hub app for Windows PC and the Amazon Store INSTEON Hub app on the Kindle Fire HD 8.9". I used one e-mail address for the PC application, and that seemed to go OK to set up the hub except for not finding my location, but I couldn't add any plug-in modules and I kept getting message "Unable to open a push notification for this session" on the PC. I used a different e-mail address on the Kindle Fire app and it goes through the first three link steps but than gets a "Fail" when trying to connect to the Hub. I can ping the hub from my PC, so I know it handshakes with the router. INSTEON tech support says that the PC Hub app isn't ready for Windows 10 yet! So I'm trying to get the Kindle Fire app to work but no joy. I'd like to start over but I can't delete my entries from the INSTEON database to start from scratch. I also found out the 2245-222 hub will no longer support X-10 devices, so on the whole, I'm pretty discouraged right now. The only use I can make of my two plug-in modules in my Starter Kit is to switch them on and off manually from the side of the modules. Pretty silly. So anyway, without a smart phone, how do I get the hub to work at this point? The first tech I've talked to wasn't much help except to say the PC application wasn't ready for Windows 10 and that some of the newer Kindle Fire products might not work on the INSTEON Hub app from the Amazon store. I think if I could start over from scratch I might have some luck with the Kindle Fire app, but I can't initialize and rebuild the hub unless INSTEON thinks I'm a brand new setup. HELP!

Use the same configuration (i.e., address and password) no matter which device you use to access the Hub.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

The Kindle fire can only download the Insteon for Hub app from the amazon app store, not the Google play store. That build is currently at 1.6.2 which does not support the 2245-xxx Hub. That build was on 1.7.2. The Kindles can only connect to the 2242-xxx Hubs right now. You might be able to use the Windows 10 desktop client for now just expect it to be quirky.

Comment

Well, it looks like I'm dead in the water with my 2244-236 Starter Kit, since I only have a Windows 10 PC and a Kindle Fire 8.9 HD! Insteon says PC Hub App isn't ready for Windows 10 and now it seems Amazon Store's Hub App currently won't work with 2245-222 Hub. Merry Christmas, Me! Guess I need to ask Santa for an iPhone or something! Really disappointed -- no X10 support anymore and now no connectivity to the 2245-222 Hub either! Not too impressive, Insteon, what?

Comment

Working...
        X