Adding all switches to hub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding all switches to hub?

I am using 2 2477D switches as a "virtual" 3 way. One switch is actually wired to the light while the other switch simply has power, and I linked them to control each other. Should I add both switches to the hub or only one?

If you would like the LEDs on the two "other" switches to go on/off when you turn the light on/off from your phone, add those two switches to the hub, and add them to a scene as responders.

Comment

If you have a Hub, then creating scenes by linking devices manually is OK. But, a BJOEL recommended, it's best practice to use the Hub to manage creating all scenes. And yes, both device need to be added to the Hub AND controlled by a scene.
      Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
      Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
      X