New User (Just ordered a Hub v2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New User (Just ordered a Hub v2)

I am hoping I made the right decision. I currently have X10 but I have been starting to have some control issues (more so recently) and I also would like device support (phone tablet etc) I bought the starter kit with 2 modules. Currently I use about 4 Lamp modules and 3-4 Wall switches. I also want to add Garage control with this new set-up.

I am quite used to the ActiveHome Pro with X10. Most my devices are on set timers. Am I able to set offsets from Sunset/sunrise for devices? How many timers can a set device have? Currently I have one device that I turn on/off in the AM and then On/off in the evening. I think that one is set for Sunset, I am okay with the devices being turned on together at sunset, but if I can stagger them it would be great.

I never got too extensive with X10 as there always are times when lights turn on or don't turn off as they should.

Lastly where is the best place for the device? my X-10 module is in the basement currently right next to the Breaker box so I m lucky it controls all the lights in the house, I would like to place Unit there will I run into issues with modules on the first and second floor?

THANKS

Near the panel is better than not, but not required. You will not be able to control X10 devices with the Hub. I had that same problem with X10, Insteon devices are considerable more reliable.

The best method for schedules is to create scenes that include the device(s) you want to control and then schedule the scene. There is no practical limit on how many schedules you can have for a scene, even if the scene contains only one device. Sunrise/Sunset offsets are not available.

Garage door control can be done. You can even determine if the garage door is opened or closed.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Yeah I have seen the garage controller piece.. Got my kit yesterday. going to try and set-up one unit tomorrow

Comment

Installed the hub and one dimmer module. I found I can control X10 modules at a limited capacity just on and off.. those will work until I can buy more modules and switches..

Now how do I control monitor when not on the same network? Nevermind, I see it works (turned WiFi off and used LTE)

Comment

Working...
        X