Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a dumb dimmer that matches the look of the insteon switches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a dumb dimmer that matches the look of the insteon switches?

I have several lights on insteon that share the wall plate with lights that are not worth putting an insteon switch in, but having a normal switch beside an insteon just doesn't look right.
    Does anyone make a switch that looks like the insteon decora switches?

You can get non-Insteon switches in a Decora style at HD, Lowes etc.

Comment

When you start looking for a matching switch. You may wan to take one of the Insteon ones with you to compare the colors. As some like the white is more like snow white.

Comment

I mean, is there a switch that has the lights on the side in the same fashion as the Insteon. I have all decora in my house, and while the non insteon whites are not all the same not even all my insteon white is the same.

I want to have two decora switches in the same box, one being an insteon, and one being something that is not 60 bucks a switch, but I do not want to be able to tell what switch is the insteon and what one is not.

Comment

The only switches that match Inston switches are Insteon switches. That's true for virtually all non-standard switches (e.g., in-wall motion sensors, other HA switches).
          Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
          Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

The LED indicators on the side of the Insteon modules. Is unique to the Insteon line.

Comment

[QUOTE=BLH;n80856]The LED indicators on the side of the Insteon modules. Is unique to the Insteon line.
              [/QUOTE]

They should make a non smart switch just so people can have matching switches without having to spend 60 bucks on a switch that literally only gets turned on when I hit the wrong switch in the dark. I probably have 10 of these switches in my house that make zero sense to make smart but share a box with a switch I have smart.

Comment

SH did offer a matching non-smart switch at one time, but if sales don't warrant carrying a product it gets dropped. That's just common business sense.

I can think of several items that are no longer available. I don't mean stuff that has been updated or replaced, I mean just no longer available, usually because sales fell to a point where it's no longer profitable.
                Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
                Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

Working...
                X