Can't link 2477Ds in 4 way configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't link 2477Ds in 4 way configuration

I have a 4 way setup that an electrician wired up and it'd been working for a few weeks.

All of a sudden, two of the 3 switches (the two that [I]aren't[/I] the payload controls) lost their link to the payload switch.

I tried re-linking them the same way I did before by holding the button on the remote switch and waiting for the beep and then pressing the button on the payload and I get the "you're done" double beep, but the remote switches don't control the payload, although the LED lights go up on the remote switches like they're trying to control the payload, but aren't.

The payload itself switch itself works fine, though.

I tried re-linking 4 times with no luck. Any suggestions or pointers?

That depends on how the electrician wired them. Insteon device are wired differently for a multi-way configuration than are standard switches. Remove the switches. DO NOT DISCONNECT ANY WIRES. Describe what is connected to each of the three switch wires, black, red and white.
    Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.
    Saving energy is not always free. Be a world saver.

Comment

I figured it out, but thanks.

I had linked them, but didn't realize I needed to turn the payload on for the linking to work properly.

On other related question; in a 4 way setup, if all 3 switches are linked, should the LED lights on all the switches be the same? i.e. if I turn on the payload to 10% from location 1, shouldn't locations 2 and 3 show the LED lights at 50%?

Comment

Yes, the indicator LEDs should be in sync. What are you using to link the devices? Did you set an On-level other than 100%?
        Message from Forum Admin: stusviews passed away in April 2018. Stu was a huge fan of Insteon and a huge presence on both the Smarthome and Insteon forums, helping thousands of us along the way (he had nearly 20,000 posts to his name). We thank him for his contributions, dedication, and passion for making the Smart Home a reality. He will truly be missed.

Comment

I'm just linking them by pressing the set button on each of them until they beep.

I tried setting on-level, ramp rate, and LED brightness but have been having trouble following the diagram.

I'm planning to spend some more time with it this weekend.

Comment

If you are using an On-level other than 100% and/or are changing the ramp rate, then those must be [I][B]set[/B][/I] prior to linking. Simply adjusting the On-level won't work.

Comment

Working...
            X